Monday, December 01, 2014

And So Begins December



I'm feeling thankful today, I passed a good night. I passed a night that I wasn't up thrashing thrashing and crashing my body was wracked spasms massive spasms, spasms so bad they literally tossing me all over the bed. Dianne was terrified as was I. About a week ago I went in to the dock was diagnosed with UTI. I figured I had a UTI, I always have you it's only when you get severe to the point that UTI begins interfering with my life. It wasn't really bad as my UTI experience goes but I could tell something was wrong I thought well heck is soon get on top of this. The Doc gave me a prescription which I got filled started the regimen . In the past seemed whatever I started description a lot of the symptoms vanish not so this time around. It seemed whenever I would lie down I would start a series of spasms which would get pretty aggressive. And I really did not tie them in directly to the UTI and even now I'm not sure how much of an impact the UTI had with the spasms. Dianne also found an abrasion between my scrotum in my leg which looks pretty bad enough so that had be medicated and conceivably could be painful enough to cause spasms. Now all the time I was taking baclofen which I have been doing for five months now. I hate taking medications that I flopped off taking baclofen for as long as I could. I started taking the muscle relaxer because I was getting significant spasms and the doctor talked me into taking the med. And I have to mid I was impressed first they are so taking the medication because I saw a significant decrease in my spastic behavior.. Then about 3 to 4 weeks ago I started noticing those having more and more difficulty sleeping through the night. I mean I don't sleep that much anyway but I get enough sleep to get by but now I was having severe spasms can be up a good part of the night. Fortunately my spasms are not necessarily painful and what I would think would be painful they are a bit uncomfortable as I experienced a great deal of leg stretching and some abdominal stretching and a been doing this we are behavior where the spasm will pull my body into a ball so tight I can barely breathe in the scares's does not out of me! I literally enforced to be taking shallow breaths and tried to relax my body for the spasm to relinquish its grip. So Saturday night I did not sleep at all not from Saturday night when I went to bed to Sunday morning and though I was groggy to the day I made it okay. Something to changed I didn't know if I felt better or just exactly what but I was feeling the spasticity was getting better. What is been disheartening with this spasticity is that I would tend not feel are experience the spasms while I was in my chair during the day but the second I lay down in the evening to sleep my spasms would start. Last night this did not happen and went to bed just laid there and felt good. I spent the whole night without spasms well not great spasms. I was up once or twice during the night to drain but sadly that's typical. I think I woke up around 6 o'clock and started my day. This is great. Now the problem I have was when I was going through the storm of spasms I committed to contacting my healthcare provider to begin an examination of what the problem might be. I'm kind of thinking that maybe the Bactrim which is the medication prescribed for the UTI is finally kicked in. Now, I should see a diminishing of the spastic behavior. With the threat eliminated do I still need to see my physician? The adult thing to do would be yes make an appointment see my doc and see if I need to adjust my meds begin some other kind of rehabilitation or something. We honest with you see my doc is almost as bad as having the spasms. Once they get a hold of you – – they being the medical system who knows where you will and up.


Happy first of December. Got about half my letters out and am glad to be December. I'm glad to be alive I'm glad to be functional and I look forward to celebrating the holidays.

No comments: