Monday, April 20, 2015

Decision Time

http://www.quantumrehab.com/images/powerbases/shrouds/quantum-6000-metallic-red.png

It's finally done I hope. I spent the afternoon with my durable medical provider going over the final specifications of new power chair. I hate this kind of stuff sitting down with a salesperson To make sure that you're getting exactly what you want. I know the second that I complete something like this product I get will not be what I thought the product that I ordered was. I know that sounds really dysfunctional but no life is always been like that. It seems like I spend my life swimming in the sea of buyers remorse. To know what I'm glad it's over. You will go over the order one more time with my physical therapist Minimum everyone is in agreement ureter will be placed chair we made it sometime in late May or June I should have my new power chair which I should “Enjoy” for the next five years. What really frightens me is that as we sat down to go over this order what he read me back was nothing that I really remember that really, spooks me. But it's important. I learned this lesson too well when I ordered my manual chair. The chair that I got was nothing like I remember ordering and I'm stuck with the chair now and it mocks me every time I pass it wherever and I stick it in the house to get all the way.

My DMV( durable medical vendor) is Jason. Jason is a nice guy, All salespeople nice people to begin with? I mean I've been in sales I know how to turn on the charm while I'm trying to make the deal. I really want to believe Jason has my best interest of mine and it seemed like he did as you gone through this process but then again the same guy that sold me my manual chair which I do not really use. I really don't know if it was Jason my physical therapist who pushed the feature so that chair that makes it so unusable for me and I really love my physical therapist she's great and I know she always has my interest in mind so I don't know what to think. One part of me is almost excited as we close the deal and I look forward to a new piece of equipment which I think will basically serve my needs. I will get in the chair and hopefully I'll be happy with the chair and will take some time to get used to the new vehicle but I'm sure in time I will enjoy the chair. I just hope my excitement back so I'm not too let down if in fact the chair is a dog. The chair I finally decided on is a newer model the chair I'm currently driving which is a quantum 6000 Z. I've had a love-hate relationship with the vehicle but overall I've enjoyed the chair. The 6000 Z was a little quirky for me but we've gotten to know each other and accept each other. What I liked about this chair is that it goes 8 miles an hour and has really large batteries – – the new chair is another quantum see and I have the same size batteries and motors are smaller and lower me to go only 6 miles an hour. For some reason this really threatens me but I think that's a pride issue I have to get over. My need for speed is not the same as it was five or six years ago or as traveling almost a mile back and forth to the bus stop every day when I was working. I am no longer working so I'm not traveling the distance as I was. Now I'm going back and forth to the bus stop closer to my home in Modesto do the same kind of speed as I did then. I have to admit I really enjoy ignoring that my power chair was a little bit faster than everybody else's on the bus or the train and that's just silly pride. After all I am in a completely new stage of life now my needs have changed and I have to accept that.


So Jason will call tomorrow or the day after let me know that everything's a go and the chair is been ordered. Even though I know better I will become excited thinking of the new chair coming my way like getting a new bike is a kid… Who I am kidding? I'm still a kid.

No comments: