Sunday, April 05, 2015

Easter Musings


It's Easter Sunday late afternoon and I'm sitting here trying to get spooked about upcoming doctors appointment I have on Tuesday. I'm going to have an MRI and then later next week I will be meeting with follow-up with my neurosurgeon to find out what the next step in to be my so-called recovery . My spasms never left however they did diminish in their ferocity And I have to say they are not as bad as they were before the operation but spasms seem to be increasing in their intensity And this is scary for me. I'm just terrified the doc Is going to say that they're going to have to do another operation just don't think I could do that. I think I could do another operation if the outcome is going to be good but the cost was my other arm, my right arm I think that really would make me too much of an invalid.

We continue to have to rely on outside help to Get me up And put me to bed and do other activities of daily living. Have to admit we're getting somewhat used to the whole thing odd as that sounds. The staff we've gotten so far Have been at different levels of Competency but have all been trainable and somewhat likable is not endearing in funny ways. In a funny way I will miss these people when I get strong enough to return to my regular routine. I am a little worried that my progress will be delayed as I ran out of insurance benefits that cover physical therapy. My therapist is trying to find some financial support which well pay for a couple more weeks of physical therapy which will be Of some assistance but still fall way short of what I am afraid I'm going to need. We just have to have faith and take one day at a time and hope for the best outcomes.

Can't say this is a beautiful Easter Sunday but was not a bad Easter Sunday either. My staff is here promptly at seven, Dianne was up and had coffee made promptly assisted staff continue to instruct her on my needs. It was a good morning – – we took our coffee out on the porch and sat there and watched neighborhood as long as we could. There's a cold front moving in the morning was windy sort of the damper on the beauty of the day. Had there not been any Wind the morning would've been perfect. Later in the day Dianne cooked couple of potatoes Which I processed into a potato salad, we had to ham purchased waiting for Christmas and cooked a squash We purchased at the farmers market last fall. The squash was surprisingly good as was the rest of the day. I was somewhat dismayed at how much energy it took me to process the potatoes and Make the salad. I am still amazed at how much I used my left side and how not having my left side affects my lifestyle. The rest of the day is spent reading my new Steven King but I got from my sister Friday. Happy Easter everyone


No comments: