Thursday, August 20, 2015

Back In The Saddle Just Fading Away



It has been more than two weeks since last I blogged, a majority of that time has been the fact that we have been without Internet connection. In fact you have a new Internet provider who provides more services less cost only had to wait almost a week before we were able to have them install the service. This last week I've been busy with things outside the house every day. As usual extremely lame excuses for this block in submissions– – Maybe it's just August break now that I've had the bright perhaps I can get back in the saddle and do some better writing Or at least more writing.

Nothing significant has happened with the exception of typical August heat and the days begin to cool in the mornings. Wellness of course keeps me busy as do the writing of letters first couple weeks of month. This seems more challenging than usual but I finally got the main letters out I even got a letter Asher– – Which I think I will continue to do so maybe even Ani. I have not been sleeping well but enough to get by I just rollaround fog sleepiness. I am getting by.

Yesterday I had a Utah Nonprofit Housing Corporation meeting, this was a board meeting and I had not been to a board meeting since before my next surgery so I figured it was due. I figured it would be light-duty sense it was also the grand opening for the facility new building project. The call for board meeting was just a pretense to get folks, specifically the board, together to to do the open house. Is weird though the board meeting, even though abbreviated was scheduled for 9 AM which is pretty early but I decided I could make it. So right after Carl got me up I took my meds And – out the door. I caught the bus to the train station and found I had a little time so I went to the I HC Hospital breakfast.
I enjoyed vegetarian burrito and then off to the board meeting.


I enjoyed seeing a lot of you folks had worked with for years. It's been a great deal of my work life doing housing Salt Lake County and the state for that matter. I saw myself as an engine part of the housing front representing folks with disabilities, Who are low income. A lot of the folks I have served with over the years I've either died,, retired or getting ready to retire. What a shock! We have been replaced by the new legions will not surprising always discomforting. The event was a long time commitment mostly therefore we had an hour and a half break between a board meeting and the open house . I rolled around the area looked into trying to find someone to manufacture steel that I need to save the house for me destroying the property.It's hard to realize how faded I have become. I understand how so many cultures see old age is a form of just fading away.

No comments: