Friday, August 28, 2015

Thinking




It's the dog days of summer, hot as the days begin to wind down towards fall. Just gotten in from my trip to Wellness this morning . I feel pretty accomplished because today I went up to hundred and 30 pounds on the press in the row which is pretty good for me.. Actually pretty good For a lot of folks in the really makes you feel like an achiever. On my way to work out this morning I was pleased to run into an old friend whom I met when I served on Murray city disability board. She's a quadriplegic it seems a bit more involved than me but still she's been out there a long time. She's a PhD Mary to this German guy and I was so impressed that she traveled back and forth the German on a regular basis. Now she lives in Boise Idaho which is But her husband still works here Salt Lake so the commute two weeks at each home. I wish I had gotten a picture of her. She looked great there is a couple times in the past abortions are pretty hammered but she is been in a fairly rigid physical regimen seems to make a big difference. We talk about all kinds of things in the short time we had together was of most interest that she to one time had stenosis and had it removed which really impact her independence but she's come away with it very well. This again sometime in the past and I guess I didn't need to know about it till now. She agrees Dianne and me that I need to get second opinion and see if we can get say procedure done at the death Star close to the house. Just amazing. I don't know why but she sort of gave me hope things don't look so bleak now.

Silly as it sounds fairly excited about my workout today we increase my weight load to 130 pounds for the press and the role, three sets of 10 reps. I mean I knew I could do but what I've been coming to the realization the past couple sessions is that I need to be pushing myself more and add 130 pounds I am doing just that. I don't think I can do 130 I know I cannot do hundred and 30 on the rickshaw so I'm still struggling with 120 pounds there and I think I will be there for some time. It's no big deal but kind of is for me.

I said goodbye to everyone and made my way for home stopping at whole foods and getting some grapes and corn for the weekend. While there I ran into one of the wise of the participants in my Wellness program Mrs. Kirk, Mark Kirk's wife. We had a nice visit I found out a lot about Mark what he's going through and put in perspective what's going on with me, Medically. She reinforced the idea of the second opinion and severely considering whether I even the procedure and what consequences will be not doing the procedure. Wow quite a lot of stuff to think about.

No comments: