Sunday, August 23, 2015

Breakfast Memory




I stopped at the hospital, IHC Medical Ctr., ThursdayTo grab a quick breakfast before I did the trends evaluation At the UTA Transit Authority's evaluations Center. I had the time, the house went up to the bus stop and took the 201 into the hospital at 5300 S. Actually, I love having breakfast at IHC, prices are right and one can get almost anything they want – – breakfast wise and there's all kinds of medical staff wandering around that's always sort of cool. I knew I had time because the next stop was just one stop away at 4500 S. so I knew I could do breakfast and get to my nex appointment.

Now I had better be careful because finding their breakfasts way too good. I stopped at the hospital cafeteria earlier in the week for another early morning appointment. I can get away bigger than our down if I do not watch out anyway Thursday morning I ordered corned beef (From a can) and omelette and hashbrowns and gravy. It was not healthy but it was good. We got me really thinking however was the corned beef and cabbage was scooped up With ice cream scoop. You know the kind that if you go especially ice cream shop we still use to scoop ice cream out of those 5 gallons ice cream carton round drums. Seeing the rounded, perfectly rounded balls of Corned beef with me back to my grade school Lunchroom at good old Campus school. I believe I've gone over the past four about how rarely I was able to enjoy hot school lunch but sometimes I did. Luckily for me lunchroom often served mashed potatoes and gravy. What I remember most about the mashed potatoes and gravy aside from their wonderfully great flavor was that the good old cooks Of the lunchroom would scoop up individual servings of this wonderfully starch dish with what appeared to me as ice cream scoops. Next, they would drench the mound of Mashed potato with this great yellow gravy. I know I should have done without scoop of corned beef hash but the perfectly round ball Of Protein and starch was too much to..

The meal was great knew it would be but the memory is even greater. In an instant I was carried back to the lunchroom holding a tray in my hand going through the line in this grand old ladies throw perfectly round balls potatoes on my plate it Made getting up early Worthwhile.

No comments: