Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Backing Up the Back Up Chair



It is definitely a drag when your backup chair needs its own backup chair. I am of course having to use my backup chair sets the wheel fell off my main chair – – see yesterday's post. However, I broke the footplate on my back and chair so I have to ride with my foot crossed over my right foot in order to use backpack chair. This means a trip over to Utah Center For Assistive Technolog or U C A T. Actually I am as fortunate as hell getting our time from the U C A T staff. There are booked into the next couple weeks. I sure hope they're able to put together some form of solution to the problem of the missing Footplate.

Y'all remember that we bought this chair from th Create program a few weeks before my new chair came. Part of the concept was I would have a backup chair in case I needed one. For a prophetic was that? However I managed to bring the left footplate on the chair couple days after I got it. Since my new chair came shortly thereafter I sort of forgot about the backend chair and its growth case and that's not even true I remembered I just never got around to getting back to Create to repair the issue. There's no excuse for this I know better I taught the need for keeping your equipment up to snuff and I'm the biggest Abuser.

UCAT is a program of the state, UCAT's a state agency. One of the few state agencies/programs which I think really does a great job for people with disabilities. Fortunately for me UCAT is a little-known piece of work that is incredibly positive. I think of solutions and ideas for needs of people disabilities problems you might have solutions. You have a shop where they can manufacture solutions which is what I am hoping for today. They're becoming more and more busy as people find out about them but usually you can still weaseled yourself in for service if you really need to which is what I did. Hopefully I will have a better day than yesterday trying to keep my feet on the front panel and the weight off my ass.

Dianne will drop off the other power chair to Alpine medical yesterday and they are going to look at and hopefully sooner than later but I'll be surprised As they get to my chair of the week and or even next week.

1707 hours… 09 2315 – – Wednesday


What a day!? I got to the UCAT building and again I was two hours before my scheduled appointment and that's cool I had to do besides I wonder visit with the new director of UCAT Michael Wallenstein (close enough). Michael's old friend of mine used to sit on my Board of Directors when I ran an information line for the state of Utah. The action is a great guy and one am glad that the directorship from UCAT he'll make a great asset to that organization – – but I spent an hour visiting Michael didn't work on my chair and it was more money than I thought was going hundred bucks but I guess that's the price of doing business even if you do have the state agency guy finally broke it down to 50 bucks parts 50 but flavor is probably an hour and a half later so I guess on that level I got a deal. And I think it a good job manufacturing footplate that is not withstand the stress I put on the footplate. It was a long day already from especially in this backup chair even with repaired footplate. The seat is really too big for me and my scoliosis lists me over to my right side I need to get some sort of pillow our case a briefcase or some stick and that area of sufficient strength I also experience a lot of stress on my butt/right cheekSpace if I'm going to use this chair for any significant period of time. I really need this support when I work out and when I use the Saratoga Silver. Knowing this I can get myself better squared away for tomorrow. When we will do it all again.

No comments: