Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Tuesday's Challenge



My life just gets more bazaar with each and every day. Yesterday, which I will refer to as Miracle Monday started out normal enough. Salt Lake is currently in that span of time for summer closes And winter Socks us and where the days are nearly perfect. Days beautiful from sunrise to sunset temperatures almost in the 80s sometimes almost 90 but perfect days for being outside riding the  system. We will probably have this kind of off and on for the next two weeks.  The dates are gorgeous. I went to my morning workout over and sugarhouse with no issues to speak of. I wanted to get home as soon as I could use the restroom as well As get some lunch. I thought about purchasing something on the way home decided just to get on.

One of the strange events in the morning or afternoon was that I usually get off at the 53rd St. TraX station and from there I there wait for the 201 southbound Or I just take off and drive my Chair home Usually going over the overpass and down 300 W. Today however, I decided to get off the train at fashion plates are 6400 S. and then navigate third west North until I get home.I just crossed the bridge in the industrial section and was passing by garage where I used to take the cars for repairs. A place called technic care operated by two brothers they been there for decades. I was on the side of the road heading west on my chair tugged to the right And in an instant my chair spun around and I was perched on the side walk and seem to move my chair. I have to admit I was a bit disjointed. This event has been witnessed by an adolescent employee of a daycare center right front of me. I would find out her name is Evelyn and she stuck by me for the next hour. I realized I had lost the entire off my chair when Evelyn picked it up to show me why I was not moving. For a moment the whole thing was surreal I could not figure out what had happened to my chair. Whatever was going on I was not going anywhere fast. Didn't take long for a small crowd to form. People returning from lunch to work and saw me on side of the road. A couple of guys were returning from lunch, even if Buddy of mine named Paul who used to sell me my wheelchairs stopped by And stood by me until the end. I eventually was able to call my wheelchair shop a place where I purchased my chair they ended up sending out to technicians who were useful just barely. Finally we were joined by officer Meacham, Quite a nice young man who seem to care.

It took some talking and convincing of the guys from Alpine medical techs who came to work on my chair.  These guys wanted to send me home in an ambulance but there is no way I was going to incur that kind of cost. I finally had to sign a waiver of responsibility and I finally got my chair together to the point that I can actually drive it for how long we don't know. I was able to call Dianne came and got me in a wheelchair van. I got home stayed in the chair for the rest of the day and we got out the old chair see what we can do. Guys from Alpine said they will try to work on my chair and see if they can get a fix goingBut I don't whole lot of faith these guys… Yet.

This morning I had my brother put me in the old quantum 6000 with only 1 foot pedal and I have been gimping around all day. Just painful and difficult sitting and keep both feet on the one pedal. I called UCAT, and of course they are slammed but will be in for an hour tomorrow Wednesday and hopefully we can get some sort of fix for the backup chair. I'm getting a bad feeling about this challenge but it will pass I'm sure as all things do. I just have to be upbeat and I'm going. Thank God I have Dianne in my corner she took the chair in the Alpine's afternoon. I bailed on Anakah's game hopefully I can make it another time out system matter waiting and hoping keeping our fingers crossed.

No comments: