Monday, September 14, 2015

Fair Beware


Yesterday I went to the state fair! The reason I have this as being a big deal is because I wasn't going to go to the fair. I would've been much happier to stay home and be a recluse while the rest of the family went to the fair. In fact Saturday afternoon I was not going to go to the fair and I said as much. But as I thought about my statements and myself are kind of had a change of heart. Granted I still do not want to go there but there are those who would like to spend time with me at someplace like the fair. And I do like spending time with these people I call family didn't want to myself what a fool I am not to take advantage of something like this. So, I made the decision often fair is going to go the next day, Sunday.

I would like to blame the mood, my mood, on the that I had a poor night's sleep and I did. I nearly fell out of bed my legs somehow spasmed over the side of the bed. I spent a good part of the our early morning trying to pull myself back on the bed losing precious sleep hours. So I was a grump. I was hoping I would get a second wind carry me through as an honorable grandpa but that really didn't happen. Now mind you and my family goes to the fair it's an all day event we got There at about 10 am And begin to wander around fair. We checked out the animal barns which I can always do without. Since I was raised on a farm I've had my share of animals groomed or otherwise. Even if stalls are maintained in the air conditioners working the fact remains these animals were meant to be outside not inside where poop is poop No matter how many times you take poop out on a silver fair shovel. I don't like pigs unless they are on a plate the same with chickens And turkeys. Rabbits and pigeons Is just a waste of time unless you trying to kill time which which we did at the animal barns. We dined on fried food fair style were talking about corndogs, elephant ears with cotton candy. I could really tolerate this which is strange because I used to love fair food.. It was the only time you can get real corndogs but now the real corndogs are foot-long and cost $7.50.! I had a bite of one just isn't the same corndogs and used to be. I'm just not fun. Seems like we've been two or three times during the event. Yet ice cream, root beer and elephant ears. I have to confess I did purchase a couple bags of jerky at some point way overpriced but I think I will enjoy jerk.

Morning migrated into afternoon and it was time to subject the grandson to the amusement rides. This was his first real fair with real right and he took to it like a duck to water. We spent the next four or five hours watching them ride the Ferris wheel, bumper cars, A roller coaster thing and other rides I can no longer remember. He had a great and everybody else had a great and I suppose I get to in a grumpy grandpa sort of way. Nothing is more precious than time with family.


No comments: