Sunday, December 27, 2015

Christmas Week

I love Christmas week, that time between Christmas and New Years even in this crazy skilled nursing facility. I am kind of taking the advice of one of the people who posted to my Facebook account indicating I should treat my stay as in a posh Hotel. Well I can hardly call this a posh hotel but I certainly with a lot of stresses. Meals made for me, room made up most mornings, workout in very nice gym with good OT's in pts. .. A big ass flat screen in my room with fairly good cable connection watching AMC and other cable networks all day long when not in therapy. I know I'm not going to hear much from my neurosurgeon until way into January (it Christmas season) so I'm just hanging out trying to stay out of everybody's hair specially my family's.

I am trying to make the best of a sucky situation and I'm doing okay all things considered. I just have to deal with having to be scrutinized morning day and night even during the night. People watching exactly how much I eat and what I eat and drink and then measuring the results. I know I know it's all for my own  good but the whole medical model thing really scrapes my ass.

No comments: