Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Rehabilitation What A Weird Industry

 My butt wound is healing are trying to heal anyway. I'm having the lean back in my chair a lot and that's okay I guess just one more thing to show me I'm getting old. That being said I think I'm doing okay. I don't know what will happen when I go to my next rehab setting but that should be interesting. I don't think the extra time and rehabilitation is going to wear me out or anything like that this is the downtime that has the most concern for me. I am just spending hours and hours doing nothing except watching TV, reading then of course writing. I'm thankful for the time to write that's just regular stuff like letters, log, and updates on Facebook and Twitter. These are things I would probably be doing at home where I at home. Except I think I would still they heavily involved and but few meetings I still go to and wellness. I kind of miss wellness. However I have began to use the arm bike here at the center at 4:30 and that's been good for me I think. Sorry I got a little off task. The point is I'll be going to another setting for a couple more weeks so I don't know when I'll be getting home again if indeed I am to go home again.

One of the women who are here at the facility has really going out of her way to try to introduce socialization to the other patients at this facility. She has actually moved the dining room tables together until one giant table for everyone each together and talks together and I think she even has been instrumental in having the TV turned off during dinner lunch and breakfast so the machines are not blaring all the time. Actually , I think she's a bit of a busy body  but in a good way. Usually I am the only male at the table seven or eight senior ladies which is interesting particularly when I end up talking about myself. Interesting and surprising  to seewhat  the others are in for.

Rehabilitation what a weird industry

No comments: