Wednesday, February 24, 2016

There Is Only so Much Time...

I wish my tablet could load images up to my blog. I have sort of stopped taking images partly because this new chair does not have a place for me to store my tablet as my other chairs  once again let me remind the reader that the chair I am  now driving is more than a year old but still counts as the "new"chair for me.  I guess I could take you images with my cell phone it's just that retrieving my cell phone from a little side pack on my chair is quite a task by the time I get it out I've lost my urgency to take the picture. I hope that makes sense.

And to be sure this posting is not about the fact that my tablet can no upload images up to my blog. What this blog today is about all the nice guys / people that inhabit the dining room where I am staying. I think I'm sort of contradicting perhaps what I wrote earlier about me being a prick about not really going out of my way to engage people, expecting new people / residence at the facility. I have noticed after writing that earlier posting that I do continue to  meet interesting folks at my dinner table. I set up the same table every meal usually, a nice little table put sheets for just in front of a  gas fedfireplace. Its been on every day except Wednesday since I've been here. The fireplace is more than cosmetic it actually puts out a tiny wall of heat, sometimes so much heat that is almost uncomfortable to sit there but I do. I usually try to get to my table at the beginning of the dinner. Often I'm joined by someone rolling are walking by. this is of course then my then my wife slash Dianne stops by to have a meal with me, in which case we usually find a table we can be by our own.

I have been dining with just one other fellow lately since two or three constants went home a couple of weeks ago. And I have been nursing a nice chip on my shoulder thinking why try since I am leaving in a week? THEN earlier this week a new guy has entered the scene. STeve the other constant has been hit or miss lately. I am not sure what is going on with Steve but  the new guy the center of the picture lately. Interesting older  fellow with a definite New York accent, is kind of deaf and has a bit of a hard time speaking very loud but I can usually make out most of it statements. He was born and raised in New York City, Manhattan went to University and became an engineer is a had a life with Grumman, and Hercules. He is just an extra guy, someone who has entered my constellation and I feel directed to get to know him for whatever reason. So we are back up to a full table there are even a few other guys who look sort of interesting. I'm a bit ashamed because there are other folks I have sort of snubbed and even  cringed when they come around my table looking like dogs wanted to be petted are fed. I should be better.

 I have become pathetically selective with my dining guests after all there's only so much time in life.

No comments: