Friday, February 05, 2016

Time On My Hands

It's 4 o'clock in the afternoon this Friday the fifth day of February. I'm sitting in my room at cascades On the river rehab facility, aka long term care socifacility masquerading as a rehab facility. I've been in the room most of the afternoon a large part of this morning. It's Friday and that means I am out of minutes basically. You see everyone gets so many minutes a week therapy and when you run out you out you're done and I'm always done on Fridays before noon. Now this is a bad thing for say this lets me do a lot of stuff I want to if I have a way to do it. I spend a lot of the time today for instance talking to Dianne , trying to post to my journal, and doing cryptoquotes - - not don't tell me I have nothing to do. Of course tomorrow will be even more of the same since I have no therapies now until Monday. It was around me to goof off so I had something to goof off with. It sounds like on Sunday Dianne and I are going to the movies to watch some kid animation about a dinosaur which is okay with me. Tomorrow I plan to watch a movie slash DVD my OT brought it in for me last week that I never got around to.  if the weather was a little bit warmer I would actually try to exit the facility and wander around the neighborhood for a while maybe even go to the window which really isn't too far away pick up some crackers I've been thinking about.

I contacted Alpine Medical yesterday or the day before and ask them how or what was being done on my power chair. I wasn't really sure what the issues were and had some conflicting information. The indicated that the problem with the chair has been ordered and will be installed as soon as he gets in to Salt Lake. He went out of his way to him let me know that the part would be covered under warranty as well as the labor. It wasn't talking about some other issues with the wheels and I thought they meant the drive wheels the big fat wheels that's it right underneath me but it really wasn't that was the casters use a little wheels in front and back of the drive wheels their little packed up but they surely don't need to be replaced at this point in the game not less the year after I got that piece of equipment. I'm really quite surprised at how well my butt is taking the issue of not being able to tip or tilt in the power chair. I thought my butt would really be chewed up by this point then true sit in this chair without the tip ability tilt ability I'm doing okay in fact a lot of time I spend in my manual chair then this is quite good cuz I'm building up endurance and I think strength. I am trying to be up in the chair a little bit every day three to four hours if not longer. I'm a little worried about tomorrow , Sunday because if I do get in my chair there are not be anybody around to get me out at least from the therapies. I suppose I could get somebody on the floor because if I do get in my chair there will not be anybody around to get me out at. I suppose I could get somebody on the floor guy couple of people to get me out of my manual chair and back into my power chair we will have to see.

It's still the first week in February which means I'm still working on letters I pretty much have Michelle and the girls done I still have to do Bridget group and whoever else I want to write to. Actually I want to the Fox and showed up to my party at the Shanghai . It's been an eventful week I'm tired maybe I'll go to bed early... Or maybe I won't.

No comments: