Monday, February 01, 2016

Can You Say LEMON??!!

I feel like action the hot headed little guy from West Side Story, from a stanza from cool. Cool cool. - be cool stay cool a cool boy - - - Saturday I had just gotten up and gone down to breakfast at the cafeteria or dining room, when I got into the dining room I tell to my chair back in order to adjust my clothes - - this is something I always have to do in order to feel like I look halfway decent and put together. As I was tilting I've heard a large crack are loud crack but didn't pay much mind to it I was pretty much in the laid back position at that point. I had adjusted my clothes and went to tilt back to the upright position and nothing happened. I knew at that point something significant happen to the power chair. I was stuck in the laid out position for the tilt back position at full tilt. I was lucky that Brian just happened to come walking by that's at that point in time and asked if I knew the hand which I responded to the affirmative. I told him I was stuck in the down position and I needed help and of course in his youthfulness grab the back of my chair and lifted up and of course and the seat went immediately to the down position so quickly I was glad that I didn't fall out luckily I was bolted in are belted in and I just set up quite quickly. From that point forward we knew that the tilt mechanism is broken in my chair. Brian did pick some images with his camera and send them over to mine and one of the images you can see where that looks like the housing is broken off the tilt mechanism piston. Mind you these are all my words I don't know what the professionals will call it but if they won't call it fixed soon enough for my needs. So I suffer through the weekend not being able to tilt in place the lean back feature of the back still works so I am able to lay the chair back at least take some of the weight off my butt and like I said it got me through the weekend.

Today I dropped the whole thing in  Amanda apostrophe s lap who immediately got to work. And of course Alpine sheep to jump right on it. We are making arrangements to send the chair over with in the company van tomorrow where they will drop the chair off and Alpine will do an assessment for what is needed inside the chair back. Then I'm sure they'll have to ordering parts Chris who knows how long that will take? But I think I can get by with my manual chair and then lean back in the power chair when I have to. Not the way I want to live but it's the way I have to go right now. I am just hoping and praying that any of the work will be covered under warranty since it's still less than a year old as I understand it. And hopefully that won't cost me anything for the repair. I am now beginning to wonder if I have a lemon of a chair so many things have gone wrong with that since I've owned the piece of junk. I hate to talk bad about my chair that's just not the chair that I needed and I felt it was forced down my throat. I was just part of the time since by the chair and falling apart and I needed to do something desperate. I took the chair.

No comments: