Monday, October 09, 2006

End Game Part Deux

I did not hear from my brother on Saturday so I figured he had his hands full and he did. I figured mom was in the hospital somewhere in Provo and I would drive down and visit on Sunday and Monday, since I would have Monday off for the holiday.

On Sunday I was able to get hold Carl and he let me know that the hospital sent mom back home. Poor Carl, he is such a good guy and our family is truly lucky to have him. so, Mom is doing better and she did go back to her home... for the time being. Mom is now finished with her cancer therapy the docs indicate she will get stronger and feel better. There is still the issue that she needs to move on to an assisted living or long term care facility. My brother is making the arrangements and doing all the work. Of course there is only so much a person can do on a weekend.

I called and got hold of mom yesterday in the afternoon, our regular Sunday call. I was surprised as how well she sounded and stronger then I have heard her sound in some time. We had a good conversation. I tried to hear he discuss the relocation to assisted living but it did not happen. I just could not bring up the move. Mom will bring it up it is her time.

So the endgame has started brothers and sisters, who wish to be part of the event, are alert and standing ready for when they are needed. I wish we were physically closer and the Aunt and Uncle did not have worry and stress about the whole event. I do not know what will happen when the endgame is finished. As for Dianne and myself we wish to continue our relationship with each of my sibs as well as our relationship ship with my aunt and uncle.for as long as I have access to them.



No comments: