Saturday, October 14, 2006

The Move

Today's the day. The move is upon us, most of the Fourth Estate and some of their extendeds have arrive as well. Today at 11:00 someone one is bringing Mom to check in at the care facility—like at a hotel you never leave. Paul , the oldest younger brother, called last night when we were at KFC; just sort of checking in gave me some idea of what event were happening today. I did not get any orders so I am somewhat off the hook. The kids are staying at various motels around the area and are all focused on the move.

We have Auni and so we been focused on her but, as the day winds on we will be interfacing with the move committee one way or the other. If nothing else the committee will bring the electric hospital bed to drop off somewhere in our garage be cause I get the bed.--This is all do weird. I am guess I got the bed but I do not know that I need it...just yet; even if I did where will I use it. We currently sleep in a “king”and I dread going to something smaller but the space created in the bedroom would be nice. But when you add a hospital bed to anything you eat a lot of space.

I just took call from Paul and they have done the deed. Mom is at the center and the kids have been cleaning up the room and the garage. Sounds as if some things were taken ( a pair of scissors) we will just have to see what we can find when things are unloaded. All of the stuff under the sink in Mom's bathroom was left but my aunt indicated it was not important to come all the way back to fetch the materials since mom would not have need for them at the Care Center. But she would need the scissors back because she uses them every day. Still no agenda as to what , if anything thing, is planned for this evening...sounds as if the movers all well be pretty tired. No word from Mom or Leah who took Mom over to the CF at 11:00 so i guess all is well there. We have been madly cleaning, pretty much topical but enough for a brief brush by or drop off. The call from my brother was a signal or warning they are on their way.

The did the drop off, low stress and actually fun all things considered. Too rushed to make any really connections but there is the promise of dinner to come—looks like Shang Hi, one of my favorites. Dianne is making the call to the ancients with promise of returning the scissors tomorrow and doing some damage control and healing. So, looks like something is going for tomorrow with the Southern Ancients. The event is now, nearly done. The family has taken care of it's own in it's own way. Some fur has flown but not as bad as I had anticipated and the time will be the salve needed to finish this process.

No comments: