Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I Know…I know




They are done the last of the focus groups was this afternoon and the focus group I was responsible for: Transportation was this morning was this morning. We had lots of great participation and good information that we can generate a good five year plan from. Because of the day’s meetings I brought my van in again, also due to the fact that rain and maybe even snow is forecast. I am so limp sometimes. Also because of the days meeting I knew there was going to be a lot of cars parked in our parking lot. I have learned that when there is a major event going on I am smart to leave my van open which means I leave the side doors open and the lift deployed. Even though we have designated parking in our lot; many desperate for parking will, park in the cross hatch between the two designated parking spaces. If I leave the lift down people will not so close that I cannot get into my van.

All day long people have stopped me or by my office to tell me that my van is open and exposed to the elements. I assure them I know this and it’s OK, the rain or the snow will not really hurt my vehicle. I would rather risk getting my lift wet then not being able to access my van when I want to. The first couple of times I graciously thank them and make an explanation of why I did what I did, after all these folks mean well and I do have to work with them. It’s the building custodian and people who come in from other offices in the building to let me know. I finally , with exasperation, wave them off exclaiming “ I know I know”

No comments: