Friday, October 20, 2006

Friday

I Didn’t Do Anything wrong!

I pride myself for being to able sense and stay out of office politics and personality storms but boy I got sucker punched today. Just amazing. Somehow I have really offended my office mate. She confronted me this morning for talking about here with the boss. Apologizing, weeping and so on, really throwing the guilt; of course I tend to get caught in these things and have been rehashing the event the rest of the day. I sift through everything, the boss I talked to, what we spoke about and I come to the conclusion: I did not do anything wrong. I perhaps should have shut the door while visiting with the boss then huge ear in the office would not have heard then I turn into one of the “Skulkers” which presupposes wrong doing an I have not done anything wrong. In fact I have gone out of my way trying to assist and defend my fellow employee, who has chosen to leave our facility. I have even giver her impeccable references, which I am hoping will get her hired away from here as soon as possible. I have taken numerous calls from network, she takes man\y personal in a days time, I have covered for her on numerous occasions when she has been late and have allowed her to leave early countless times to get to family responsibilities or just because she cannot stand the office that day.

Yup, I got too involved in allowing her graces others in the office would not get—actually the new boss saw through lot of what was happening and started putting on the pressure and the lass has bolted. So, I will pull in to myself, do my work and keep socialization to a minimum. My partner had a fairly long meeting with the director this morning ( behind closed doors). I am not sure how that went and you know what? I don’t really care. I am sure I’ll have to suffer the details one way or the other.

Refocus, refocus try to see the good side of this “it’s all good” event. I have the opportunity to forgive and forget..I can be the adult—but that might be pushing the envelope of believability. How would I deal How

with this mess if this was my daughter I was dealing. First off, my daughter IS the adult and this would never have gotten to this point. But if it issue had gotten to this point, I would give her the space she needs and I need, try not to aggravate and try to be as understanding as possible. So, this is what I shall do and see what the space of the weekend will bring.

The temperatures are dropping, dark clouds are moving into the valley. I was I the canyon of the downtown buildings over lunch and the wind was cold and whipping the leaves from the trees. I am wearing my down jacket, the one where I can pull my head in like a turtle. I am afraid I’ll soon need my gloves.

No comments: