Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Tuesday's Gone


This Tuesday is nearly over and I have yet to hear of any progress on my van. I called asking about the van’s status and I heard the owner say ,in the back ground, tell him on my way to pick it up. This was after I had called this morning to be sure something would be done on the vehicle today. So I doubt anything will done on the van today. I do need to get out and see my mom though. Have yet to get up to the Care center. The morning was cold this morning when I started out and there has been some rain today but seems to be clearing out now. I think it will be cold going home but I’ll be dry.

We had the focus group today. I have to admit the focus group went off much better hen I had anticipated. We had a good turn out too. I would have liked to see a few more folks from the service providers but we had Some “players’ though, MDA, MS, and UCP and Independent Living. Over all we got fairly good strokes. Most folks though we were doing our job but we also got some great advice as well; If we can implement these ideas this may shore up our standings in the community. It seemed that one of our funders seemed a little squirrelly but she gave some good feedback and I feel she felt heard.

My partner here at the office has not been very happy here for a long infact she has been very active in searching for another position in the State system. In fact, I think she is close to landing a job, I doubt she is going to be happy with the position but she will be out of here. I kinda of hate to see her go because she is such a good worker. But and suffers from “the grass is greener “ syndrome. I was called a few minutes by her potential employer and all she needs is to submit to get her finger prints taken and I assume she is gone. In fact the employer asked if I would weave her two week notice. I let him know, that two weeks would be nice but I could live with her leaving at the end of the week. So, that leaves me short and I am not sure how my management would want me fill the position. We could float the position till even the end of the year and save a little money or move to fill it immediately, I am just not sure if the stress would be worth the gain.

So another night of poor television , thanks to the Playoffs or the Series or some other stupid sports thing. How do people cope with sports-organized, professional sports? I sports is the bane of my life—luckily I am in the middle of Stephen KING’s Needful Things, a good enough read for cold Autumn night.

No comments: