Friday, October 13, 2006

I See Realatives

They're coming. The fourth family is coming. I started getting calls yesterday morning. My sister calling to ask if wanted my mom’s hospital bed. The she let me know the whole fourth estate was coming down to move my mom out of her home into a long term/assisted living facility. This is a fairly large and involved surgical strike. Again, I heard of it the first time the day before and according to the sis arrangements and calls have been and furious all week.

But they’re here now. In fact I have been searching for a power wheelchair for mom on my used equipment bank all day. But she wants the chair today so she is purchasing some thing in Orem for $1000.00. She is frightened that all her belonging will be thrown away but for the most part she seems to be tolerating the move OK. I think when she gets her hands on the power chair she will be more at ease. The care facility is large and very spread out and she feels she will be able to negotiate the place with her chair. I hope this chair will meet her needs.

So my sister is renting a Uhaul, my brother has a; good sized pick-up truck so they should have the moving capacity they need.

Maybe tomorrow I’ll send over lunch or dinner for the movers and go over to the care facility ands see mom is settling in OK. I don’t know how long the family is in town but I guess they will move then be gone. I don’t know where they are staying or if there are any events specific to this event going on .

Dianne and Auni popped in the office over lunch, they went swimming this afternoon and sounds like Auni will be spending the night, which will be fun. I will probably spend most of the weekend worrying about the focus group on Tuesday. I do not want to invest too much stress on work this weekend. I think I’ll have my hands full with family stuff all weekend…or maybe not.

No comments: