Saturday, October 07, 2006

End Game

I called my older brother this morning , fairly early but a respectable time. His daughter has cancer and was to go in for surgery earlier this week. We have not heard anything. My brother is a very busy guy. I know he is dealing with his daughter as well as mom while trying to maintain his full time job. I figured if something grim were to happen I would hear soon enough. It had Eben a week so I called this morning when I was up and dressed and got many sister in law Jean. Who proceeds to advise me that during the night my mom, in extreme pain, had to get to the hospital. Mr brother had the sister and brother in law call 911 and went over this morning early. Jean promised that my brother will call when things stabilize.

Later on I got a call from my little brother Paul, to advise me of the events happening. I advised him that I knew but appreciated his thinking of me. I think my family has been reading my blog more then I realize and now seems to be making an effort to keep me up to date as to happenings with my mom. This is weird since I live forty-five minutes away from mom and they live hours and hundreds of miles.

I understand that getting mom into the hospital this morning was quite a job. It took four people to get mom in to the ambulance. I doubt my mother is ever going back to Santaquin home. My brother feels she has been aware this day was coming for some time now, the inevitable. Long term care but in this case short term. I donot think my mom has too much time left on this Earth. Since last week mom has had to double her pain meds. Dianne thinks the care facility is performing just palliative duties. It's hard to say maybe mom will stabilize and go on for a couple more months.

My brother informed me he was planning a trip down and that my little sister would be coming too to begin sorting through mom's stuff and cleaning her room at my aunt and uncle's house. I had not even thought this far ahead but the bro and sis seem to be right on point. It's just real important to get this room and things cleaned out. So who knows how many family will be in the area in the next couple of weeks.

So, I am going to have to go over to the hospital soon and do the visit. Maybe tomorrow. If I feel up to the drive. Dianne has her hands full with Bridget who has been having some significant health issues. And who knows what is going on with my butt. I have been on the meat all day and I am sore. I am going to have to give the rear end rest. I was able to get some shopping done pick up the meds and gas up. Do, I guess I am ready for the end game,

No comments: