Friday, October 07, 2005

And Then it was Friday


And Then It Was Friday

Wow—what a week. It’s Friday and I am exhausted! I have been hammered ALL week. No time for blogging but now the week is over and I am bout ready to start my weekend. It’s the Friday before a holiday weekend I have had just one crises call. Luckily the person has a little bit of a “window” and luckily she will be able to find some low-income housing. Time will tell.

MONDAY was stressful but not too bad the day was spent getting the qusarter’s information in some intelligible form.

Tuesday we were up early on we went in and voted. Evenn though it was just the Primaries. Later, I had my advisory board meeting. It was one of the better meetings we have had in a great while. The meeting was well attended and good information was exchanged. We presented information in a different format. I am used to handing out up to 25 pages of data of all the “referral out” or “referrals in.” The information is so “spread out” that the data say nothing if you don’t understand the whole picture. So, CC but together a document, a diagram, in color, showing calls broken into groupings especially by groups from the various funding sources. Those present loved the new report. They gave some good feed back on how better data and that was it. I spent a lot of energy worrying about the meeting. IK still must do the one report and go back and correct the data points. I need to have this information available should one of the Board members want to see the raw data. Later on, I drove my van to the Pingree Center for kids with Autism. I gave a presentation. Again, well received but very time consuming Thursday I drove to Layton in Davis County for the Brain Injury Conference. I hate to drive and I hate driving out of town but I actually made the meeting in decent time getting lost only once. I was at the event center and set up by 8:00 and I was ready to go. The best part for me at the conference was I got to speak a great with one of the vendors at the conference with me. He knows about my kind of power wheelchair. Mr Spade gave me some great information I am going to use very, very soon. I was getting tired by the end of the conference day but I was not able to go home just yet. I found out the day before that I had my Russian meeting at 7:00 pm Arrghhh! I was surprised, my energy levels were still holding so I had some running round to downtown and I could get the running round done before the meeting was scheduled to start. I did it and did the Russians and I was done and headed home by 9:15…long day, long week but the week is essentially over now. CC is off today and most of the office is gone. Another desertion Friday but the clouds are gone and the temps are up. Calls are slow today and I have hours to burn so I think I’ll head—everyone have a great weekend.

No comments: