Tuesday, September 04, 2007

CD-Rom



I am the last one to throw stones but I hate when bloggers go for weeks without a post of any kind. I guess I get addicted to the blogs I follow and a bit frustrated when I go to the blog of my choice and there has been nothing written. Even iof only one image or just a short paragraph anything is better then nothing. I promise if something ever happens to me and I cannot write for a month or something like that I’ll either post as such or work out a ghost writer of some sort. I must add though the blog, which is one of my favorite, Dr.Oh’s Underweardrawer finally updated with a couple of new cartoons from her Scutmonkey cartoon series.
Which I guess was worth the wait.

It’s Tuesday of holiday “short week” an I can feel the pressure of the short week. The boss is gone and has left me in charge. This time however there is a major event coming up next week, the first two days of next week. I got an email from her as she was leaving which was a press release she wanted me to finish and I guess to mail out to the newspapers throughout the state. I can do press releases but they are not what I was trained in so I do not feel all the comfortable doing them. So, I get the press release finished and run it past our receptionist/office manager and she feel there are other items that should be included. If the press release was for a press conference I would see the need for address and times but since the press release is just announcing the winners of the UDD Council awards I do not see the need for times or address the release is just announcement. I caved in and mailed the boss, who I hope, is reading her emails and she’ll advise me hopefully by tomorrow. I have a list of the State’s newspapers ready to go and when I get the word I’ll shoot the email down the list and out it will go; still, I can feel the pressure.

I received my Story Corps CD today! It’s a nice gimmick SC does. You get a copy of the forty minutes of your interview. I doubt if I have the patience to sit and listen to it all the way through. I am trying to figure out how to rip the disk and load the interview to either My Space or You Tube. I mean I doubt there is any one out there who might want to sit through the interview but one never knows.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is off the subject, but I hope that Dianne is feeling better after her recent surgery! You two are so good at taking care of each other...obvious that love for each other is so good for the soul! Give her my best!
Linda

riptideselkie said...

I want a copy of the interview for sure!!