Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Too Many Meetings

This week is turning into a somewhat hellacious meeting week. So far I have had a meeting or out of office experience every day this week and I have just found that I have yet another , tomorrow in the afternoon , and that is after a trip to radiology tomorrow morning at 7:00 or so to have blood pulled and a CAT scan! A MOTHER SUCKING CAT SCAN!!! Who know what they are going to find between these two diagnostic procedures. All of this because of some skin breakdown and a desire to acquire a wheelchair cushion which will protect my butt. So tomorrow I will bring in my van and Friday I will have bring in my van too since I have P.T in the afternoon. I can see this P.T. thing is going to become expensive if I do not watch out. I have a link on this page from my Youtube account. You can see an actual video of using the rickshaw. Please study this apparatus closely and if anyone can figure out how to build a inexpensive home version please contact me. I had Philly get this movie of me while I was working out.

I think driving makes me brain dead. I have noticed on days I drive in my posts suck or they don’t even make it to the blog. Luckily on Tuesdays and Friday I have the experience at the Rehab Unit and that is always bizarre enough to give me fodder for the blog. Maybe a soul like mine has to have people round to make life worth writing about. I had a meeting today which would have provided ample stimulation even without a train ride: a two and half hour meeting which been handled in one and ¾ or two hours. The only thing which justifies my time at the meeting is lunch. Today lunch was chicken cordon blue. What could have been a perfect lunch was mired with the plastic utensils. The plastic spoons and forks look fairly useable for people with normal hand function but someone like me with limited hand function cutting that chicken is a chore. I cannot even blame the plastic-ware entirely because I was sitting next to Andy, director of an Independent Living Center not far from here , and he is a quad with about the same hand function as I have and he was cutting away just fine—at one time Andy leaned over and asked me if I wanted him to cut my chicken. I of course said “no”—a crip guy thing, I am sure. My solution is to start taking my own silverware kit to these functions.

They started putting the paint on the walls today and so far the odor is not too bad. we have the doors of the office blocked open and I think that has helped a lot, the only issue with the doors being open is that all the consumer for the Mexican consul ant, which is up stairs stops first into our office. We usually keep our door shut and that cuts down on the traffic. Now if management would unlock the bathroom doors these folks would stop bothering us entirely.



No comments: