Thursday, April 17, 2008

Please Look Awake

I am going to be in meeting for a major portion of my day, one meeting on the phone and the other over at Department of Health. I am anchored to my desk this morning trying to charge my power chair and I am feeling pretty frustrated. Plus my butt is beginning to threaten me again.

This meeting this afternoon is a group studying pandemic: influenza. I got into this group when they called and wanted someone from the disability community to sit on the council. I volunteered thinking surely they would be serving great food at the Health Department. They have their own cafeteria. Guess what the group meets from 3:00-5:00! I guess leaving a few minutes early is more important then great hot lunches. The building is served by poor public transportation so I am having to bring the van in on days I have the meeting. Perhaps the worse part of the whole meeting thing is most of the people who sit on this group are medical, science and a few healthcare professionals. They seem pompous, territorial and somewhat elitist I just don’t fit in but they asked specifically for me or at least my office. So I will be therewith “shield up”!

No comments: