Wednesday, April 09, 2008

I'd Buy That For A Dollar!

Last night I had to drop some mail off at the post office on the way home from work so I went the long way to the train station. I actually like this route over the shorter route which takes me up to the Arena station. The route I took last night takes me to the Galavin station, right in the center of Downtown, by the CBS affiliate, banks and other downtown operations. Things are happening in this section of town, lots of people and lots of energy.
When I got to the Galavin, the train I wanted was just pulling out of the station and I knew I was going to have to wait another 15 minutes and that is when I hear the music. I heard what sounded like cello music close by and then I noticed what looked like a homeless guy sawing a way on a cello! Not very well, but heroically sawing the music out of the instrument, Just the same. I was impressed and decided to this scene was too good to loose. I know I would hate myself if I did not take the time to capture moment.
I have decided rather then to try to clandestinely take images of interesting folk I am going to start offering them a dollar for their image so we both gt something for the deal. You should have seen the lad’s face light up like a 100 watt bulb when I asked his name. “Ely” he said
“Can I take you picture? I’ll give you a dollar”, I said
“Sure” he said…I dropped the dollar into his backpack and began filming.
I was pleased with what I got an Ely got a dollar. Here it is enjoy.

No comments: