Monday, September 22, 2008

Better Homes and Gardens



Things were slow round our house on Sunday morning and Anakah had spent the night. The morning was beautiful, as any last Sunday morning of summer should be: bright sunshine, warm temperatures and the smell of bacon, eggs and grits still heavy on the air. Anakah was using her scooter but was becoming more and more bored with nothing to do. I was no feeling as good as I could and did not feel like gong up to State street to the Beans and Brew where we had gone a number of Sunday mornings add to the fact that my power chair is becoming more and more fragile and I guess I don’t want to stress the chair out anymore then I have too. So I was happy just to sit out on my ramp and read my latest Stephen King and enjoy my last Sunday morning of Summer.

Saturday night Anakah \and I had been cruising the neighborhood, Anakah on her foot scooter and me in my power wheelchair. We had gone all over our neighborhood and somewhere in out journey Anakah had lost a bolt off her chair, the bolt which held the handle bars in place. I was impressed that she had heard the metal parts hit the road when they fell and she was able to retrieve most of the bracket but was not able to find the nut.
The following morning Anakah was focused on finding the bolt and had talked her grandmother into waging a search for said bolt. I knew immediately this was going to be a futile waist of time but the three of us set out trying retracing out steps not finding the needed hardware but leaves , flowers, lost trinkets and I even found a pair of butter fly wings. Gruesome as this sound pinned to the pavement where the vehicle has some how run over the little beat but lat the wings, mostly intact. It was about then I realized that Dianne was searching for Fairy materials. Dianne and Anakah were carrying wicker baskets and putting all the treasures we found in the basket and when we got home she ad Anakah set to building a small house in the garden just right for fairies. Of coursed the building of a fairy house was a Sunday Silly, something done on Sunday just for fun. When we got back from the search I returned to my Stephen King and later when I poked my head out of my book the two had completed their work and I was asked to inspect their labors. The fairy quarters was a work of art. I now you cannot see much from the image I have posted as is but if you were to click on image and see the image I its fullness and hugeness. Look round the house, see the toad stool? The butterfly wings are on the toad stool. The mini baskets are tooth fairy baskets. There is a quarter in on and a penny in the other. The roof is woven plant leaves and the pod count as lanterns.. Th real magic of the fairy house is the idea and structure kept Anakah busy for am ood part of the remainder of the day. Magic!

2 comments:

riptideselkie said...

What a great picture! it is now the background on my work computer. An excellent fairy abode.

Anonymous said...

i love the woven grass roof, and various goodies strewn about...love this description and think your granddaughter is awfully lucky to have such fun grandparents...