Wednesday, November 19, 2008

1-2-3 CLEAR!

I have been trying to get used to being a “one computer” house all week, ever since I made the decision I was not going to pay nearly a thousand dollars for a rebuild of my last system. I had called and told the technician to “button-up” my system an I would be to pick up the box sometime this week. Well, today Dianne was out and about and stopped by PC Lap Tops and when she asked for my dead system she was shuttled over to the store manager, John, who began telling her another story of what I was told. Essentially, Bill tells Dianne they can conjure up a working system from used parts for way less then what I was quoted for new parts. Granted, I did ask them to prepare a quotation on new parts, but I also wanted a comparable quote on used parts. Actually, another tech said he tried to build me one from used equipment but said there was not mother board which would go with my sockets or processor or some odd thing. Now there is a plethora boards and processors and low-priced power supplies which they will assemble and get my old system back up and running for less then $400.00 which is much more what I had in mind. I think once I have the system up and running I am going to start an aggressive program of replacing these used parts with new and powerful parts. Let’s face it I just could do the “one computer thing” for very long.

No comments: