Monday, November 17, 2008

Home Sick

I am home today, ill. I hate missing work but I could just not make it in to work today. I have been down all weekend long, really down, sick in bed down. I am having a problem bouncing back. I am hoping I will be able to make it to work tomorrow but at one-O-clock today I cannot say. I am stuffed up, a bit dizzy and I have something in my chest BUT I am not coughing like I have been and I feel if I can make it to work I can stay there all day.

And now for something really serious, I finally was able to call PC Laptop and got hold of Bill the head tech or something. Bill started off my telling me that my computer was next in line to be to be served or looked but that is what I told last Monday , that there were about three machines a head of mine so I was a bit chagrined and I think Bill heard that in my voice and so he looked it right there while I was on the phone and soon I had the grim news that I basically needed a whole new rebuild of my computer; mother board, Processor, power supply and whatever the hell else they can stick me for. The numbers tumbled and when they all fell it looked like the price will be over 700.00 dollars!! I cannot do that, not right now—maybe if I did not have the loan on the van I am having to pay off. Bill is going to leave the system on the bench for the next day waiting to hear back from me but I don’t know what else I can tell him, this close to Christmas, the economy or what ever. I would really have to come up with a great idea to justify this kind of expense. The other idea is purchase the parts little bit by little bit and have Mark A assemble the system as I go along. Bill thought this was a stupid idea but of course he would—however, Bill had good arguments like the PC Laptops would be there for support and help if I and when I needed the assistance and finally the simplicity of having someone else do the rebuild. So, I am just going to have to stop by and pick up my “box” it’s a nice box Bill said so.

No comments: