Monday, November 03, 2008

Well This Day Ever End?

Its the first day following the switch back to Mountain Standard Time; I have been sitting here ay my computer yawning and falling to sleep on the verge of feeling guilty. It’s now late afternoon, the clouds for tomorrow’s storm have rolled in, blotting out then sun and bringing on an what seems an early evening. The dark prelude is not for an early evening but to an evening as usual evening, that even on clear cloudless nights the sun will be setting (what seems) too soon. The “too soon sunset” is only exacerbated by the new State work schedule of 4/10’s with quitting time being 6:00 pm and the world is dark when I leave for home. I leave for work in the dark now too so for the next for to sixty days , except for the weekends, when I am home it will be dark and for some reason that strikes me as weird.

But usually I stay focused and conscience thru my work day. I do not have time for falling a sleep in front of my terminal--I will be glad when I get passed this yawning behavior and again, look like the professional I am.

No comments: