Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008




Thanksgiving was OK, we scaled down, did not go anywhere and did not have anyone over for dinner. We were about 7:00 a m and Dianne had the bird in the oven 8:00 am with a target of eating about 1:00 pm. We were a bit surprised when we got a call from Charles our youngest letting us know he and Aurora would be stopping by round 10:00. Not a planned event but it was great getting a chance to visit with Charles.

Mark came over just as our dinner was getting finished. I had asked that Mark come over and put the big computer system together—which he did and I was excited to have both systems working. We did run into one problem however: we could not get the systems to find the INTERNET and we had to eat and Mark also had to go and get his Thanksgiving dinner on the road. In fact I think the main reason mark came over was to invite Dianne and myself to dinner with his inlaws. We appreciated the invite but really did not want to one: wait to eat till 4:30; and two: have to endure the chaos of his inlaws holiday dinner. Not that we don’t appreciate these folks but the family is a typical mormon extended family “billions of kids, adult drama( all the time) and a drive to an area I am not familiar and coming home in the dark. We begged off and sent Mark off with my appreciation for helping me get my system back on liner.

Dianne and I had a great dinner, we were stuffed. Dianne had promised Anakah, that Dianne would visit after dinner. I stayed home and tried to complete my INTERNET connection, which I was not able to do and I ended up watching cable and dozing until Dianne got home. Michelle called and did the holiday visit and that was it. A little more TV before bed time then bed. But it was a good day. I think we enjoyed the holiday without the holiday family stress.

No comments: