Monday, April 06, 2009

Don't Tread on Us!!




I wish I knew how to make recordings off my telephone. If I did, I would record the message which was on my answering machine this morning when I got to work. And really the message was not that explicit it was the tone of the little jerk who was leaving the message which I found the most intriguing.

Long time readers will remember about a year or so ago I wrote a post about how the Mexican Consulate had moved into the building and how, it seemed, every Mexican national was J-walking across he street infront of my office. Well nothing has changed much since then except the flags above our building have never really been changed or taken care of and are looking pretty ratty now days. I have even noticed this from time to time but have never been motivated enough to do anything about the flags neglect. Ill, apparently this neglect has also been noticed by a few other folks in the community. One Alfred P. Dorkus, to name one (note the name has been changes to protect ME in case Dorkus ever runs into this blog, a long shot I am sure but one can never be too careful especially in Utah. Of course Dorkus lives in a small city in ah County, probably the most conservative county in the Country, and of course the call was time stamped on my answering machine at 2:25 a.m.!! So, I have a mental image of this red neck, sitting in some redneck bar until they kick him out. Somewhere in the evening he has become aware that the consulate and the ratty tatty American flag flying over our building and cannot stop grinding his teeth over this overt national discretion, even though he was a religious draft dodger, dope smoking his way to being a world class dead beat dad, and that he and his posse was going to do some thing about it.

So get this, this fool Dorkus, not only calls my 800 line and leave this veiled message of death and destruction to my office if we don’t fix this problem immediately but he also finds my email and the email of everyone at this office and the email of all the big shots in state government and does the same to them. I mean was Dorkus even the least bit thinking? Did he not think that someone in all these folks would take him the least bit serious and call law enforcement. I did not pay much attention to the phone call but when I played the call to some of my office mates they all did take the call serious and my boss instructed me to call the cops and report the call.

Since the call came in through my 800 number I got to be the complainant, the cops talked to me first and go my take on everything, then the special crimes unit arrived, wondered round took pictures from across the street of the flags in question and then Officer Bob spent a lot of time cruising the asking questions and writing stuff down. I bet he was here over two hours—must have been a slow crime day because we got a lot of attention.

I am tired now, and I started this day tired. Tomorrow I will try to get pics of the new flags TOMORROW SHOULD BE WRMER THEN TODAY!

No comments: