Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Oops I have done it again...




“Oops, there I have done it again.” I don’t know how big an ‘oops’ this is but I am sure there is a little ‘oops’ regardless of how good a thing this turns out for me forgive the pun).

Today is the first day back to my office in more then a week, so after yesterday’s blog, entry I decided I had better do something or I just might die from this bronchitis if I don’t watch out. I could bring up Sheelan and her lost battle with ARDS and then having to bury her—needlessly. Sheelan DID NOT HAVE TO DIE!!! Anyway I decided I was not going out like Shee if I could help it. So, I actually called my SCI injury doc up at the University Medical Center and actually made an appointment and they slipped me and Dianne in the early afternoon.,I could go on and on about the appointment and maybe I well before this week is out but suffice to say. I say the doc and was helpful but I am OK, getting good oxygen and my lungs are clear enough and I seem to be on my way to healing.

I have looking for a lathe since the middle of the Summer. Yes, I know I gave away a perfectly good Craftsman lathe earlier in the Summer. I stand by the decision I made then, but I have realized need a lathe still. I still have a need to turn wood and make sticks. I even sent away for more hooks to screw into the wood sticks I turn. So, now every day I check out the local television stations “Classified “ ksl.com and I look for lathes new on the site AND TODAY I FOUND ONE ! Granted the lathe looks a bit doggy but should work, is on a mount and only $90.00!! But the lathe is in Tooele, a community about 30 minutes to the West. I am going to need a truck and back to move the piece and I don’t know what I am going to have to do to the lathe to make it really usable. The lathe is a very old Shop-Smith which I truly believe in. The lathe does look kinda a thrashed but I really want to believe the lathe is useable.

Because it is now late in the year and where I turn is in the garage, which has is not heated which means I probably will not be turning anymore wood this year anyway. This will give time to have the lathe put in the garage and then work at fixing the machine up one way or another until Spring. I have even thought of having UCAT work on the device all Winter and see what happens. That is not a bad idea the more I contemplate the idea. UCAT might even make the lathe even more usable for my needs. So, I have contacted UCAT who will adjustments and fittings and what ever else might be needed over the course of the Winter months. I am really getting excited now. I just called the Lathe lady and confirmed my commitment to buy the piece. I am going to be turning by Spring!!

No comments: