Sunday, October 25, 2009

Up On Campus...All Day

The Point is located in the upper most right hand section of the glass part of this building "The Huntsman Cancer Institute"!





Friday was a lost day but I guess but I guess important that I got started on what I have to do. The fasting blood draw was not such a bad thing. My day off so we did sleep in and got ready for the drive to University of Utah medical center. The day was beautiful and warm as we drove through the campus students sauntering back and forth cross campus, trees decked out in colors and dropping leaves everywhere. The scene made me homesick for another point in my life when all I had to worry bout was exams and a date for Saturday night.

We were hoping to get our flu shots on Friday, in fact that is why we had waited till my appointments but were surprised to find all the injections had been given away. This sorta of pissed me off but what can you do? They drew four vials of blood for the full panel of tests the doc had ordered. Then the doc did the CT and found I still had 200 plus CCs of urine in me and that sort of freaked her out and made her all the more determined to get me self cathing—this still freaks me out ut I am going to try to go through with the process to see what happens. I was fortunate in that Dianne rearranged her day so she go be with me on this adventure. Following the ‘stick’ we went over to breakfast at he cafeteria—ofcourse by the time we got there the kitchen had stopped serving but luckily there were some breakfast sandwiches left over which was good to break my fast with plus the coffee and doughnuts.

10:30 I did another scan, in side the huge moving doughnut nothing painful just awkward transferring from the chair to the scanner with pants dropped. Sure took me back to the hospital days following the wreck when I seemed to be naked all the time in front of everyone. We next went to lunch to kill time for my TRAILs intake which was scheduled for 3:00. We did this at the Huntsman Center, where I had the scan and we went to the Point. The point is a great little restaurant at the top of the Huntsman Center, very high end for university campus. I had a steak, which was a great steak, one of the best I have had in a long time

We finally got back to Rehabilitation Out Patient and hung out for a half hour and then I had the intake which I thought was to last half an hour our something like that but I was in there for two hours!! Sue somebody in the program director and worked me through the stations mostly weight machines and I have to admit I got pretty tired but I could also tell the work out would really do me some good i.e. drooping some weight, getting my cardio working and working some muscle systems which really need attention. So the only nights the facility is open is between 5:00 and 7:00 PM, Monday and Fridays . This is a pisser and very inconvenient but I am going to try it as long as I can. There used to be a wheelchair accessible weight room not from my house in Murray. I am going to check and see if that place is still open and if it is I will get my direction on how to used the machines and use this other facility on the weekends or something.

I am feeling a little better about everything now I just have do the whole penis thing. Org, the pain.

No comments: