Thursday, October 22, 2009

Urology?

guess you gauge how good your medical practioner is by how fast she gets things done and I guess getting things done quickly is good. But I have to admit I was a little freaked when the phone rang at my this morning and it was the scheduling nurse for a urologist, that my doc had contacted, and who was now scheduling me for “splatter test” which looks like it will be don 8:30 a.m. Veteran’s Day. The scheduler the procedure was non evasive but then proceeded to tell me two tubes would be inserted from and back to major urine residual and the test should take 90 minutes.

Now, is this TMI= too much information? Do I need to rehearse my terror of medical procedures in general and anything specific to do with urology I think I would have been this way even I had not had an accident 40 some years ago, when medical was still in one of medicine’s dark ages, and they jabbed and poked. I could not believe the level of barbarisms I was subjected to. I was inundated with such procedures the first year after my wreck, but since then I have pretty successfully avoided a repeat but not that is going to change. They are going to ‘measure this and measure that’ to gain knowledge on me what they can do next to help me. So I am banking on the terror I experienced was for decades ago was 60 percent an adolescent trying to cope having nearly everything physical ripped from him and 40% practioners operating(literally) with dark ages medicine and ancient technology. The scheduling nurse indicated the practice of urology come a long way in the past 40 years, technology had advanced and techniques had gotten a whole lot better and that they had gotten but good reports of the other spinal cords they had served. I am hoping by writing about this event and trying to familiarize myself with the it that I will be able to handle the event like an adult knowing all that is happening is happening for my own good and will help like an adult knowing all that is happening is happening for my own good and will help in he long run.

Some idiot from a pharmaceutical company indicating they had been instructed by my practioner to mail me out a box of CATHETERS!!!!!!! The idiot wrote down my address as I gave it to him assuring me I should have the torture devices by Monday, Tuesday at the latest—my appointment is not even till November 11 . How can this be?

No comments: