Monday, May 05, 2014

Hello Thursday

Its Monday and I feel I should be at my volunteer job at 211 but as you can read I am not. I am at home trying to stay awake and trying to enjoy my Monday. I even went with DD this morning for her mammogram over at St Mark's being the wonderful supportive husband that I am. Then we visited with Bridget an Asher ending up at Mc Donald s where we had a fine visit. We next spent a couple of hours at Goodwill. Whats with this time ? I was pulled aside during my last shift at 211 by the new director and asked if I would shift my volunteer to Thursday. Thursday?!! I chose Mondays because that use to be the busy day. I also like Monday because it the first day of the week. I like the fact I have to be somewhere on Monday morning early. I stop at Starbucks get my latte, socialize briefly the travel into town and “work”. This routine feels good for a Monday I don't know how this fly on a Thursday. It seems the new director wants me to attend the staff meeting held every Thursday afternoon at 3:00 pm. Many times at the staff meeting a guest from the outside is invited to present about the organization they represent. This in service training helps the operator keep on top of services and resources 211 represents. It makes sense but I hate being messed with. Thursday is getting to the end of the week, I like to feel things are winding down not starting up. It just feels weird but I really do not have anything else to do. I no longer have Wellness and I work out at home. So I am going to give Thursday working a try and see what happens besides it will just mean getting done with my day a little early since the meeting begins at 3:00 pm and I leave at 4:30 so I will be done with my phone day when the meeting begins. Perhaps the real question I need to be considering is “ does 211 still need me”. One of the big pretenses I used to keep on at 211 was the fact that Monday traditionally was the heavy call day all the traumas and question would be unleashed on Monday no so anymore, many times I will go minutes between calls, that use to never happen. The have more then enough operators, maybe I am not needed like I used to think I was, maybe just maybe it's time to move on.

No comments: