Monday, May 19, 2014

Its Monday Morning Time for a Change?

It's Monday morning, I am up and dressed and I am doing my day. I have scheduled my next dental appointments—remember I interrupted a bunch of dental work to have the extractions and the I was to return to my dentist when I was healed for the remainder of the work. It has been more then a month and I am well healed and I am scheduled to begin the work next week. We are trying to get all the work completed by the end of June which the end of my insurance year...starting July I have to start deductibles and such all over again. I have nothing scheduled for the remainder of the day, however I do want to get up to the hospital and spend a little time with my neighbor who was moved to “rehab” over the weekend. His move to rehab is a good sign of the progress he is making. I am a little excited because I think with a little rehab his over all life will be greatly enhanced. I intend to visit this afternoon and should take up the remainder of the day riding public transit. Other things I want to accomplish this week include, get the new lifting machine home from the sports store. Follow up on my new garden Dianne and I did yesterday. I turned the back unused porch into a crip garden. A raised garden which I can reach and be responsible for. We put in a lot of work getting the area ready and then actually replanting the items we picked up at a couple “nurseries” we stopped at. We got the usual egg plants, peppers lettuce cabbage and other little guys I have completely forgotten. Its a cute space. I'll post images later. I also wish to continue my work outs with my SS and rickshaw. I must admit I have been consistent with my work outs. I am anxious to use the new lifting machine. We must work in some swimming and should have the physical piece complete. Now, I just have to focus on some socialization getting out and interacting with living people! This is the challenge but I bet I can do it. You know how you ask someone, when you leave them, 'is there anything I CAN DO FOR YOU'', and you think that you really mean it? Well as I was getting ready to leave my buddy who is in the hospital, Saturday. I asked him this question and I was shocked at what I thought/think his response was. I think he looked at me, smiled and said something like “talk to the bishop”. I am writing this event off as part of his general confusion. And even if that is what he said does he mean he wants another blessing ( I understand he has already had two maybe three), or talk to the bishop about me. Now, this guy has not been religious at all in all the time I have know him, but he also died twice last week and what else better to sharpen one's focus on how to save your fellow man. The day before I was totally blown away when the charge nurse looked at me and asked”who are you?” in my relation to the patient and my neighbor seemed to instantly focus for a second and said,” he's my best friend!”. What is strange both of these incidents of clarity are what I would refer as Steven King moments—a moment when supernatural forces intercede to change a story...has my story been changed?

No comments: