Friday, May 09, 2014

Kind of a Crazy Week

It's kind of been a crazy week, I really don't know where to start but the week is been for and somewhat excited. The spring that should not be too dismayed at the inclement weather I have survived. All week with temperatures have been depressed and there has been a good deal of rain. That's all good it's spring and I expect that. So Monday I did not go to 211 since management asked me to specifically start coming on Thursdays because that was the day there is a staff meeting, and that the staff meetings they often have presenters from the partners we represent. I cannot fault management for this move but I just have to say just one more stress or change 211 as inflicted on me and I was just enough for me to make a decision to discontinue my association with 211 and the good works that they do. I am trying not to be too much of a boob about this whole thing but I specifically opted to volunteer for Monday's because that's when I saw the need. Monday's are also good for me because it got me out dressed and out the door in downtown to an office setting given me the feeling of work. This set the tone for the remainder of my week all around the Monday volunteer day was a good experience. Wednesday night and Thursday morning I wrestled with my sleep and finally somewhere early in the morning I realized I was done with my work at 211. Where the decision was somewhat painful I felt good making the decision and moving on with my life. After all I had volunteered many hours at 211. I enjoyed the people I worked with so very much, I enjoy the building, I enjoy being downtown. But with this last decision of working Thursdays I just cannot do it. I suppose I could've done better as far as dropping the bomb on everyone all at once Thursday morning but it was the best I could do. Of course my fellow workers were bummed out and certainly went out of their way to make you feel guilty, in a good way. I suppose they would've liked to have some sort of a going away party but that's exactly what I did not want. They did however send around a number of cards which they signed small sayings it was nice. I was surprised at how emotional I was as the day ended there was a round of funding and a few tears as I headed out the door for the last time. Earlier in the week I was on a bus route that I rarely take going up to University medical Center to get signatures for a bus pass. I don't know why I was on the bus that bus but at one stop in the avenues the person entered the bus stopped and called me by name and I was shocked to find Steve Erickson, a person I been thinking about a lot in the last few weeks but there he was. I think this meeting important in that it may have something to do with the next step in my life as I close out working at 211.

No comments: