Monday, July 21, 2014

Family – 2014



It’s so strange to have it Monday morning, the Monday following the 2014’s Smith  family reunion, we just finished the dishes and getting on with my week. The reunion is over, it pretty much concluded Saturday night after he finally left my brother Carl’s and went are various ways. It was a great Saturday night, sitting under the awning which covers Carl’s back patio. Sister Linda had already left for her flight earlier in the afternoon, getting back to Boise. Many of the family were not able to make this years reunion which is sad they were missed. We hope, I hope they all be able to make the event next year. I hope I will be able to make the event next year since it sounds like the reunion will be held in Boise are more specifically Cascade, Idaho where my younger brother is seriously considering building his dream home. Making a trip like that would be a serious challenge to Dianne myself but maybe it’s something we can work on and be able to pull off next year. The biggest issue would be the actual transportation. However that’s all tralala which I’ll discuss at different points in the coming year. No, the event ended and everybody is okay, more or less. There were some moments of tension and one minor meltdown or near meltdown that I’m aware… There may have been more but all in all we are okay. I was intrigued to find that my younger brother’s wife were neighbors of a close friend of mine I had when I was younger, in fact right after my physical rehabilitation. He and I had met in rehab had a unique life afterwards both be in significantly high traumaead tetraplegics.. I am sure I will come back to this interesting coincidence in the future.

The dinner on Friday night at the Golden corral went off very well later spent time at Carl’s. Saturday morning and afternoon was okay the park we had was cool a little breezy an enjoyable. If there was a drawback it was there is only one child at the whole event he seemed pretty lonely off and on but did a pretty good job amusing him self with the adults. We had the park only till 3 o’clock. Removed the Carl’s Ward spent the rest of the reunion in move to the in the cultural hall/gym, where he a chicken, ham rolls and a host of desserts. It was a good afternoon. At 3 o’clock the crew moved, again to Carl’s home where we visited played around and ate again cold chicken, potato salad, baked beans and more desserts later on around 9 o’clock 10. Carl’s family for the most part gone to the soccer game but they returned later on it visited with the family. Sadly though, the night wound down we all had to be on our way… At least I did. We went home and took Sunday as a truly day of rest and to process the previous two days.

Family, you got to love them. Our family is huge and our family is complicated, we are a blended family with a complicated mythology/history. Even now I think 95% of our reunion is trying to nail down the mythology/history which is Family

No comments: