Friday, July 25, 2014

The End of Summer



The summer of 2014 is nearly over, sure there’s still a month, I don’t count the last week July, this month is over and so that just leaves August. There well still be well still be, maybe even hot days but as the days shorten and the time of darkness lengthens the great coolness begins.

The family reunion began a week go, today. The reunion is long over now in fact Dianne and I just finished processing all the extra chicken and ham, ordered thinking there would be much more in attendance then showed up. That’s okay not a problem we are glad that we had enough food for everyone and everyone seemed to have a good time. Last year we sent a lot of the extra food home with the travelers to the reunion. This year however we were bit more Machiavellian choosing to keep the food ourselves and figure out a way to use it to make some special dishes over the fall and perhaps winter should the food last that long. We’ve been taking the week since the reunion to rest up refocus on our living situation. We’ve been doing a little cleaning in the house and spending a lot of time in the back with our  garden. I’ve been really tickled watching the eggplants, which seem to really be growing. We should be able to have mature eggplants in a couple weeks if their growth continues as robust as now. Dianne says we have large tomatoes coming to maturity in the big garden in the backyard. Little tomatoes are those up in my growing area just haven’t done much. I’ve enjoyed this growing season however large the fruits in my patio garden become.

I think if I need a project, or have a project for the remainder of the summer it might be the modification of the weight machine I finally retrieved last week and which now sits under a blue tarp on my back patio. I still think I can get this modification accomplished through the efforts of UCA T. I don’t know how seriously they will take my project but I think something will happen one way or another. I have faith in this equipment and I know if I can get the modifications accomplished,  the machine will be of great use to me and my body. Other projects I would like to see accomplished by years or summers and would be cleaning on the house, some repairs to the house and maybe a long-term project that might take me out of the house on a regular basis. I did, couple days ago when we picked up the machine inquire as to Big fives need for holiday help. I don’t know if I really want to work but maybe something part time over the holidays might be somewhat interesting and be kinda fun. Then again I could renew my interest with volunteering at the Intermountain Hospital not far from my home. Intermountain certainly be interesting but very rigorous and very rah rah. I could pursue the same option for University Hospital whereas University of Utah medical Center is not so corporate as Intermountain medical Center there is the time/distance consider. I’m sure something will come when the time comes.

No comments: