Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Watch Me Grow!!



I guess I am just going to have to warn you all that I am going to be as painful as a new parent for the next couple weeks as the summer runs its course. Finally my little garden is beginning to produce. I had tomatoes for some time now, they are small and show no signs of growing larger and I think the problem is the tomatoes are in little pots in the probably grown to the maximum size that their little confined roots will allow. These tomatoes are in fairly large buckets I thought sure they would produce larger fruit. The same with the peppers, the peppers are small and have turn colors most notably black! They are cute and nice to look at but I don't know more than that. I doubt if there's a whole mouthful to one of these peppers. We'll just have to see. What is really excited me today is that I noticed I finally have blossoms on my eggplants! For some reason this has thrilled me almost like a new parent. I even drug my tablet back to the garden and snapped a few images of the new growth. I know this is silly, I still have a long ways to go before this blossom will produce an edible eggplant but for right now it's given me something to look forward to something to be giddy about just like becoming a new parent.


So I warn you if you hate parents who blog on and on and on about their children or grandchildren then I warn you to maybe drop this blog for a couple months because I have a feeling I will be talking about my eggplants fairly constant for the next couple weeks.



No comments: