Tuesday, July 22, 2014

I Couldn't Be Happier



 I don’t remember if I blogged about it a few months ago but I purchased a weight machine. You know what of those gymnasium type apparatus that allows you to work on numerous muscle groupings of the body. I had been using fairly sophisticated machine at Wellness when I was doing that program and I missed the workout that machine gave me. So in this passion I currently have regarding my bodybuilding and trying to get to a more healthy lifestyle I’ve been keeping my eyes open for a weight machine. I found one a few months ago at the local Big 5 sports store in my neighborhood. I found a machine which was smaller  then the others and I feel I can make do to exercise the muscle groups I think I need to “pulls” and “rowing” and I’m sure there’s a host of other exercises I might be able to achieve having this device.

I knew I would have to struggle with a number of questions, issues and logistic gymnastics even begin this process of owning a weight machine but my history has taught me that I often give up things that I want or feel that I need because I felt I was not immediately ready for whatever the product was. So like the dog who’s caught the car right now figure out what to do with my weight machine. I readily could not even get the machine home not so much because of manpower and a vehicle to transport (though that is definitely an issue) but more importantly he is going to put the weight machine so I don’t only store the device but really use it effectively. There really is no room in the house as the house is set up right now. We’ve discussed possible options but all those options will take significant work. There’s no room in the garage actually there is room but again that will take significant effort  to find the room or organize the room in the garage. The only other option as I see is to store the device on the patio alongside the house until we can make room for it inside the house some.

 I did not make contact with Big 5 for over two months following the purchase and quite frankly, I was afraid they would’ve either trashed the purchase or resold since I had not been in contact but fortunately when I did go in and speak with them they still had it, but were definitely glad to see me, I assured them I would have the device out shortly.

I realized the family reunion was my best option for a pick up truck and sufficient physical help to move my weight to the house. I got my younger brother and his son, who also owns a pickup truck, and we went to Big 5 and got the weight machine. Even though I really did not have a place to put the device I had to get it over the reunion or I don’t think I would’ve been able to acquire device at all. We did it! It was much easier than anticipated. Even the fact that now device is sitting, draped in a blue plastic tarp, wondering what next is going to happen to it. My next move is going to contact U C A T and put them on the spot to see if they will indeed modify the device the way I needed modified.

I have to admit I’m excited I think this will work. I must remain patient as I work through all the different angles I need to bring this project to fruition. Little by little I am building my own  Wellness program and I could not be happier.

No comments: