Wednesday, May 27, 2015

How Fair My New Chair



Yesterday, Tuesday the day after the holiday, I made a call to Utah Center for Assistive Technology, and sure enough my power chair was ready! Now, I had to figure out how to get it home. I figured I could pick it up and drive it back on the bus. I knew Dianne had a big day going with Asher's birthday, and her illness still has a quite under the weather. However Dianne did feel well enough to drive me over to UCAT To pick up the chair.

The problem with purchasing a used piece of equipment is it you pretty much have to take what you're given to work with her choose from. The chair is basically new with just 81 miles on the odometer however the previous owner must've been quite a big person to seat seems huge to me.We had a finagle a few things in order to take possession of the chair but we did in Dianne drove me to sugarhouse Rehab and drop me off for my afternoon therapies. The day is coolish overcast and threats of rain seemed everywhere but but I was happy to be in my new chair. The chair seems a little funky with the drive mechanism but I can learn to deal with them. I'm lost in the seat and I will just have to deal with that. I have two batteries and everything else seems to work just fine. I really did not get a chance to open the chair up and tell I got to Sugarhouse. I was pleased or am pleased that the speedometer accident house out a little over 6 miles an hour which is some better than anticipated, which I thought was to be 5 miles an hour every little bit of speed helps when you're on a long drive.

I was a little excited this morning upon getting up to think I had a new chair to consider. It feels as if the days are beginning to dry out, the temperature seems to be rising and I really need to put some miles on this chair. Dianne had a doctors appointment and I had to check which needed to be cashed. So I saddled up And headed up to the bank. As I was getting ready I had a spasm in my left foot kicky my shoe off, so I put the shoe on my lap and head up to the bank and grab the first loan officer I came to and asked him to put the shoe back on my foot and he did – – I was so pleased. I ended up waiting in the foyer of the bank longer than I had anticipated due to the rain which began while I was in the bank. When the rain lightened I took off across the street to Starbucks where I could wait for a better weather in style. I got myself a vanilla latte and was a happy camper.


I think I'm going to like this chair, it truly has some issues but overall seems the working very well. I still look forward to my new chair which I think will fit me much better. I wish I had not had to purchase this chair just because I don't know What I am going to do with it when the new chair arrives except be happy in the thought that I have some sort of a backup system.save

No comments: