Saturday, January 16, 2016

Happy NewYear!!



I know I should have written more I could have written more but I have not. I think truth be known I've been a little depressed can I know it's bad to be depressed but still sometimes it just happens.

I finally went are had the meeting with the neurosurgeon rather his clone the PA or NP who I came away really respecting. This guy really knew what he was talking about in a lot of ways I wish that Andy the neuro had told us let the nurse practitioner told us. In essence the practitioner indicated I was doing well the necklace healing up really well but he was not going to lift the restrictions, the weight restrictions that I've been operating under the last 3 months. In fact he went on to say that I could not go to acute care rehab for another 3 months or until March 1st. March 1st we will do another set of xrays and meet with the nurse practitioner and make plans for our next step after that. At this juncture the nurse practitioner I could not go to a cute care rehab for another 3 months or until March 1st. March 1st we will do another said of xrays and meet with the nurse practitioner and they plans for our next step after that. At this juncture the nest I could not go to a cute care rehab for another 3 months or until March 1st. March 1st we will do another said of xrays and meet with the nurse practitioner and they plans for our next step after that. On the positive side the nurse practitioner did release me to 25 pounds as opposed to 10 pounds which I suppose is a good deal. Still it's not too acute rehab which I think will be just two weeks and then hopefully, I will go home and continue with my life.

I seem to be doing well at the SNF. It's really interesting that the first month and a half I think I was doing okay really good I think my mood was fine but after the meeting with the neuro I don't know something changed - - are something is changing at the facility. I really think the facility is going to growing pains and I just got here as those changes began to take place. Before the neural visit it seems like this exercise at the SNF was kind of exciting, kind of like camping out but after the visit it's like almost a punishment or a sentence for the next 6 weeks. It could be just me but it seems like staff is treating me different more like a old fart, like one of the old farts here. I know thats perception issue but I don't like it I hate it when I'm no longer special and that is so cheap but it's Who I am. I really didn't complain the first 6 weeks because I felt I was a short timer and that means this will end soon and I'll be on my way but not so anymore now I'm in for the long haul. I'm tired of a little bad the little room and the rules that are beginning to be imposed on me like hiding the drain bag, having to cope with a shower bench that does not work or meet my needs. and a host of other things that is made this experience turn into a bit of drudgery. Perhaps one of the most annoying things which has happend has been the disappearance of a bunch of my clothes as well as getting my clothes washed. Actually, facility is not even supposed to wash your clothes but I love him pins on a couple of the workers here who wash mine weekly and I am deeply grateful. this kind of makes it worse though because they are jeopardizing themselves / jobs to do this but if they didn't I would be in a mess.

  that is just a little bit of what has happened since the last part of December. I will try catch up on some other items in the next couple of days. I hope you have more posts

No comments: