Thursday, January 28, 2016

Lighten Up

Wow! I was talking to my therapist today, my occupational therapist Amanda. I sent Amanda my address to my blog a few days ago and then I've been waiting to find out what her reaction would be. I was really quite surprised when she reported that she had finally gotten around to reading the document and found it was really depressing. Of course, she didn't say it in exactly those terms she's much too nice for something like that but I could tell that she thought it was pretty depressing. So, I had a few extra minutes this afternoon so I went back and went through a couple of the entries for this month and found out she's absolutely right. My immediate reaction, my knee jerk reaction whoa  I had better  do a reality check, I had better try to find the sunshine, silver lining , upside to this downside, sunny side of the street excetera excetera. I don't want folks to see me as this morose rolling cloud of thunder and negativity. Then I thought so what? I am pretty depressed right now, I am more than a little upset and you know what that's okay. I'll be a little messed up if I wasn't. I just went through a year when I went to two major operations and isn't up living in a SNF but not really knowing if I'm ever going to be able to get back into my regular living scenario.

Now having written this I have to confess I do have some very positive feelings about what does New Years going to bring and I know this time I'm spending at the facility is going to end and I'm going to continue on my rehabilitation. Hopefully, the results will be positive and I will be better for the time I have spent in the facility is going to end and I'm good at continue on with my rehabilitation. Hopefully, the results will be positive and I will be better for the time I have spent under the knife  and in institutions. I seem to have an uncanny ability to bounce back. I know this I just get waylaid sometimes by my situation. I am so lucky to be surrounded by good people like my family, particularly my wife, an occupational therapist and supporting cast who seem to believe in me and their face seems to push me forward. I also have quite a following on social media it is really surprising how much their support has been for me. What a great group of folks many from my past school chums then friends have not seen in decades and probably never will see again in the flesh but they continue to support me and that does mean a lot to me corny as that sounds.

I doubt I will write all things blue skies, smiles and happiness with my posts but I will try to keep away from the darkside any more than I can and still function in this environment I find myself in at this point in life. I mean basically I like where I'm at, I like the people who are working with me to help me become stronger and better than I am at this point physically now if we could do something to help me out psychologically then I would really be writing some sunshine and rainbows.

No comments: