Thursday, August 04, 2016

Busy Busy



Not that It's been a busy week, really just two days that I had to be out on the tarmac but it feels like it's been a busy week as I close in on Friday. Yesterday I had to do some power chair rehab. Don't know why but my front casters Have gotten quite chewed up recently and I figured I'd better get them changed out before they completely disintegrated. I had hoped that my physical therapist and occupational therapist would have put the pressure on my DME to fet the repairs done on my chair which included new casters but of course that did not happen.

It set the appointment for 10 o'clock which I know is early but I figured I could get up early enough to figure out the bus situation gets there in time for my appointment. I was pleased at how well my transit went. Unlike day before yesterday which I took the long way around this time I took the train up to four S. then migrated over to the bus stop which took me straight into Cheyenne about a block and a half for where I need to go. So I got there with about 45 minutes to spare.

CREATE is one of those weird quasi-state institutions. It's a program which was developed out of a think tank in northern Utah at Utah State University. The attached the program to a state facility: Vocational Rehabilitation. I use them as much like can. When is working with the State I got a lot more perks that I get now but I had a closer friend running the program. So let's call them still do the deal. The program is not ran by a guy named Tom. Tom is okay just a little anxious to get his program off the ground. He's actually done a good job with the program that he inherited. You really want to talk to me about my old program Access Utah Network. He really wanted to know about the program and if some format of that project could get started again with a focus Toward assistive technology are A T. It would be a very complicated project and he is thinking it might be able to be accomplished with part-time staff and or volunteer. I was a little bit disenchanted I was hoping for more involvement. I suppose I could volunteer to volunteer, boy that would be working to close to the enemy. But again something needs to be done there really needs to be some sort of information base that people can call: consumers, professionals and medical professionals. Because right now everyone is just out there twisting in the wind.

On the phone Tom quoted me $30 for the job to be done. I was really hoping that with all the talking Tom did and then all the information I gave that he would give me some server break on the Castor replacement but that was not to be. In fact was 30 bucks ended up being 60. And then he invoiced me because they don't do credit cards. Totally amazing. So it turned out that he replaced all four casters at $15 a piece and I suppose that's a deal. Hopefully, if the repairs on the chair ever do get approved I'll go ahead and get new casters and put these on back shelf for backup. Like I said even though I'm it does not look like I've done a lot it feels like it's been a busy week.



No comments: