Monday, August 01, 2016

Possibilities


I've spoken before about the CREATE program, the Utah reutilization project which I was part of at the creation. Well the program has pretty much sustained itself all things considered and I like to use them as much as I can not only from the support standpoint but from the fact it's just a great deal. These guys sell me used equipment that really is just as good as new at much lower fraction of what the cost would be if I do go through a regular DME provider.The only drawback to using these guys is that there really way the heck out on the west side, maybe not so much out just sort of hard to get to. I c,an do it but it's number of bus transfers and I guess what else might do with my time. Anyway, my chair continues to debilitate around is probably not the right way to say that but still it's falling apart. In defense of the chair, I must say, It is done pretty well considering who I am. Now supposedly the fixes are coming but either my new sales guy is dragging its feet are my insurance Medicare is having a hard time either way my equipment is falling apart. Right now real problems are of my front casters, and my back casters to but the front ones are much worse shape. I don't know what I've done but major hunks and chunks are missing from the front tires and I'm afraid if I write on each wheel/casters but longer the whole device is good shred apart and disintegrate leaving me stranded. So following the great advice of my wonderful wife Dianne I made an appointment with Tom who is the Manager over there at CREATE.. It took a little finagling but we finally settled on a date this coming Wednesday.


In the course of the conversation I was a bit surprised and Tom asked me if he could speak with me a little bit about developing call support program similar to what I managed for the State called Access Utah Network. Tom said you'd be interested in establishing a similar program out of his office. I really don't know what he has in mind I don't know if he's really talking about a real program like I ran. But his correctives feelings that they should be some source of information for disability questions not only from individuals, parents and professionals who service folks with disabilities. There's a host of other folks that could profit from such a project even clergy. So just a discussion left my head kind of spinning about reopening such a project and how I might be able be part of something like that. I don't know for talking a job, a board position, or just sitting on some sort directional committee. Either way it might be fun and it be fun to get myself back in the some form of information and referral in the area disability area sure needs it.

No comments: