Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Lunch With My Buddy Frank



It's hard to believe that I've been separated from work for about two years now maybe a little bit longer. But I still feel close to the folks I work with at the DD Council. Actually are sort of felt close and I still sort of feel close to a lot of the folks I'd worked with in my career. Not that I think they feel as close as I do but I still like think of them as friends. Back in June 2008 I wrote a post about the new guy at work Frank. Frank was in the office next to mine and he was a guy or is a guy. This is important since I was the only guy at the office for a long time to have an Frank there was great support. We actually became quite close over the time I worked at the office. Frank is significantly older than I sort of looked towards him as a role model. Frank had been a Fedally(I'm taking on guess at that spelling). Frank's a solid guy plus he's got good hair and remember several days even better than I.

I like Frank. And I've kept contact with Frank over the years since I've separated or retired from the office. I also do with the other staff Frank and I sort of just go together. He is wailed to be working actually. He should be retired and joined his life but things haven't gone the way that they would should of for the guy and so is working is working okay taking care of the people at the same time. But he is getting older than his age is beginning to show itself has to take it easy a little bit. I try to get together with Frank as often as I can or go to and as often as I dare. I don't want to wear out the friendship. They usually stop by the office perhaps once a quarter after one of my meetings downtown we wander over to the mall and grab something to eat and then just talk. I should insert that Frank gets to the office early and I always used to get to the office early so we always had 45 minutes to an hour to speak before work or other staff got to the office. We got to know each other pretty good. Frank is a good direction. He's well-versed in money matters where I am not. Gets me to think about things I need to think about and encourages me to be better than I am. He seems to care for me and I appreciate that. I wish him well. But he like the rest of the staff and some of my other friends, who were older than I, are really begin to experience the effects of old age. I wish that were not the case but it is. Our old boss has some sort of her thing going on and she's getting to the point where she's a bit touch and go – – doing less than having to probably make some decisions in the near future regarding her employment. She's real close to my age.


Going back to the office in many ways feels like going home sometimes. Whether it's wise I don't know but many times the people at my office that felt like family and you always hate to see family go. But until then I'm going to continue having lunch with Frank even if he doesn't pick up the tab – – but he usually does. Frank has style much more style than I do. So hang in there Frank you the best meal ticket I've got.

No comments: