Sunday, August 21, 2016

Take Me Back

My brother and I at bath-time.

What is it with images more specifically photographs that can take you back to the moment that images taken. Sort of like the sense of smell you know like sometimes when you're prepared and all of a sudden you run into a fragrance that immediately teleports you to a timely have not been decades. Sometimes wet cement catapult me back to my house on Latah Street invoice you in the mid-50s. I would be down in the basement of my dad finish out the basement and our bedroom downstairs. He had to mix the cement and then poured on the floor later finish out the wall plaster. Although smells are triggered when I scored a poor water on cement and I smelled a result. Images do the same sometime. I see a look on my face and I know exactly what I was thinking that images take.

Back in July on the anniversary of my accident Dianne posted an image of me taken of me and they are transporting me right off the street into the ambulance. Ended up in the newspaper was quite graphic. Anyway, people have been interested in images of my youth since then. A couple years ago I was even doing “Flash back Friday” and I went uploaded image of my youth. It was quite favorably received by I got bored and only kept it going for a couple of months. However, I have once again been prompted to load images from my photo albums onto the hard drive. I don't know how wise that is sense hard drives can corrupt and mine usually do at some point. In fact my laptop is going through something currently which has me a little worried that since I have all kinds of capabilities i.e. the cloud and other backup scenarios I'm not too concerned. The major problem is having to go through my stock of images most of which are still anchored to pages in albums and afterwards the images turning to free radicals. It becomes an overwhelming challenge. Still, I think it's important and not to be too redundant of last week's posting about images of just say I am sneaking up on the project again.


What I'd like to do is develop a line of greeting cards made with images I have come across. A lot of them are kind of cute and would make great greeting cards if nothing more than just for family members. Because start off with five or 10 and see where I go to from their.

No comments: