Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Hello Frustration My Old Friend


I have recently entered into a number of fronts of dealing with service providers and I becoming totally frustrated with my catheter provider which is Edgepark Medical. I've been working with Edgepark for a couple years now they been excellent to work with. We made order said okay subscription and every month I would get a load of catheters just like clockwork. We are not sure what is happened except a lot of this issue has been at the same time I started Medicare. I sure hope it's not Medicare and all their rules and regulations but I have a suspicion that this might be the case. I also started new urologist and internist and I think this is also caused some major issues of confusion. So now it's just phone call after phone call to the same people who say they have done at least be done and the folks that control the spigot of what I mean refuse to turn it on. Dianne has counseled me to be patient and go slow and stay friendly which becomes difficult times – – I am running out of Catheters. I need to have a new order shipped.

I'm also waging a great battle of patients with my durable medical provider, again who I just changed in the last couple months, add to this the labyrinth Of Medicare and the confusion just increases the Waits take longer still. We been trying to get my new/old power chair repaired. This is included one physical therapist, one occupational therapist and a new durable medical salesperson. At one point it seemed good progress was being made then, it seems to me, my insurance ran out so that all the “good progress”. So now I'm trying to make contact with all the sources get some closure on whether or not I can get my chair repaired and how soon. Luckily I have been able to get by with what is left of my front end. Now, it's almost like I do not want to rock the boat for fear of how much longer I might need to wait and if Must wait will I have access to my power chair during that wait? I suppose I could get along in my manual chair which is pretty intimidating to think about. Going to my manual chair could not heard as I struggle to reach 98 kg of weight.


So far for me retirement has been inpatient stays, major surgical intervention and an ongoing struggle to make sure my benefits stay intact and that I am able to use those benefits. What is zoo! I'm going to have to go back to self advocacy 101 and make my representative at Medicare be my new best friend and make sure he/she is always thinking of me. I saw so far beyond that at this point my life to find out that once again I am at the beginning… Perhaps that's the way it should be.

No comments: